Attachment Warning Filename Question

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Mon May 28 14:37:45 IST 2007

On 28/05/07, johan.boye at latecoere.fr <johan.boye at latecoere.fr> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I've been just registered and I tried to click on link above & it fails,
> same for you guys ?
>         Welcome to the list. Before you post, *please* read
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting  (it's very short).

Seems a redirect to
http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=lists:posting_guidelines is
lacking there... :-).

> Anyway, here is my question :
>   I'm using Mailscanner since a couple of week and it works great. I
> just have a question regarding the "Attachment Warning Filename"
> functionnality.
>   I wish send an email to the recipient when an email for him is
> blocked, It activated that :
>
>     Warning Is Attachment = yes
>     Attachment Warning Filename =
> %report-dir%/stored.filename.message.txt
>
>  My default installation Mailscanner dir is : /opt/MailScanner/
>  But this is not sending any email to the recipient, did i mist
> something ?
>

>   Thanks by advance,
>
>     Johan

Likely what you have there is OK, just that you never instruct MS to
actually use it:-).

Check your "Silent Viruses" and "Still Deliver Silent Viruses"
settings, and perhaps some more (attachment "actions" for unacceptable
attachment types etc).

--
-- Glenn