better blocking at MTA level (off-topic)

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Sat May 26 11:29:46 IST 2007

On Saturday, May 26, 2007 12:16 PM Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

> A part of these restrictions are quite common these days.

I know.

> If your
> customers are still not setup correctly they will have trouble with a
> lot of other organisations as well.

My customer is setup correctly (that's my job). THEIR customers are not.
And of course whenever we try to enforce these policies some of their
customers cannot deliver mail to my customer, call them and tell them
"You are the only contractor who does not accept our mail. We do not
have any problems with all our other contractors!". This either means
they are lying or the other contractors are braindead as well and live
with spam.

> I would not have clue about the pricetag. (I'm an engineer, not a
> salesman ;-) Trend bought the RBL service in the past by taking over
> MAPS (or rather the owner of MAPS) which was among the top of the
> paid RBL's.

I see thanks. Strange thing: I requested the eval and they send me an
e-mail with an empty activation code:

"This is your activation code:"

So their system is broken as well and I will probably have to wait a few
days before I can start the trial.

Kind regards

Jan-Peter Koopmann