Add header

Hauke de Vries H.de.Vries at philos.rug.nl
Fri May 25 16:43:42 IST 2007

On 24 May 2007 at 13:44 Matt Kettler wrote:

> Hauke de Vries wrote:
> > I've enabled Plugin:RelayCountry in SA3.2
> > If I perform spamassassin -D < spam.eml > spam.dbg
> > an header X-Spam-Relay-Country: IT
> > is appended.
>
> Ok, so you set up SA to do that with an add_header command? (I gather
> such from the subject line)

Yep: add_header all Relay-Country _RELAYCOUNTRY_

> > But it doesn't show up if it goes thru MailScanner?
> >

> Nope. MailScanner does it's own markups. Nothing SA generates or adds
> to the message will be reflected when using MailScanner.
>
> MailScanner runs SA, takes the results, and makes its own headers
> containing the results. Nothing else from SpamAssassin is preserved.
>
> Therefore all "add_header" and other markup related directives in SA
> are irrelevant.
>
> That said, the X-Spam-Relay-Country header WILL be present as metadata
> when SA processes the message, so rules based on it will still work.
>
> The only part that's not going to work is any modifications to the
> delivered message.

Understood and I should have tested.

> And while we're at it, what does this message have to do with
> "4.60.3-1 install errors on RH AS4"? ie: why'd you reply to that
> thread instead of creating a new one?

First, and you know the answer Mr Dunno, nothing.
Second, I took the lazy route and forgot about the
thread implications.

> There are those of us who use threaded mailreaders, that keep track of
> the "references" and "in-reply-to" headers. Those readers will bury
> your message inside whatever thread you replied to, even if you change
> the subject.
>
> Do yourself a favor and make a new post instead of replying to an
> existing one if you want to make a new thread. Otherwise, those of us
> using threaded mailreaders might overlook your posts as a part of some
> thread that does not interest us.

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa Sir, I will honour your
request and do you and others a favor.

Thread closed ;-)