Add header

Matt Kettler mkettler at evi-inc.com
Thu May 24 18:44:55 IST 2007

Hauke de Vries wrote:
> I've enabled Plugin:RelayCountry in SA3.2
> If I perform spamassassin -D < spam.eml > spam.dbg
> an header X-Spam-Relay-Country: IT
> is appended.

Ok, so you set up SA to do that with an add_header command? (I gather such from
the subject line)

> But it doesn't show up if it goes thru MailScanner?

Nope. MailScanner does it's own markups. Nothing SA generates or adds to the
message will be reflected when using MailScanner.

MailScanner runs SA, takes the results, and makes its own headers containing the
results. Nothing else from SpamAssassin is preserved.

Therefore all "add_header" and other markup related directives in SA are
irrelevant.

That said, the X-Spam-Relay-Country header WILL be present as metadata when SA
processes the message, so rules based on it will still work.

The only part that's not going to work is any modifications to the delivered
message.

And while we're at it, what does this message have to do with "4.60.3-1 install
errors on RH AS4"? ie: why'd you reply to that thread instead of creating a new one?

There are those of us who use threaded mailreaders, that keep track of the
"references" and "in-reply-to" headers. Those readers will bury your message
inside whatever thread you replied to, even if you change the subject.

Do yourself a favor and make a new post instead of replying to an existing one
if you want to make a new thread. Otherwise, those of us using threaded
mailreaders might overlook your posts as a part of some thread that does not
interest us.