OT: Modified access and relay-domains file, still get 550 5.7.1

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu May 24 23:41:10 IST 2007

On Thursday, May 24, 2007 3:15 PM Kai Schaetzl <> said:

> As you have proven to yourself that
> relay-domains *works* (with your mobile phone users) it's obvious
> that you did something wrong when adding this new entry. And I think
> it's this:
>
>> swatgear.com REJECT
>> ruleset=check_mail, arg1=<swiftmail at swatgear.com>,

Turns out you're right.

However, I'm a bit nervous about this change because I added it several
years ago when I configured my first MS box.

It had something to do with the way my mail is setup. We have three
domains that, although they have different websites, they are all
aliases of the main domain, swatgear.com, when it comes to email
addresses.

user at domainA.com = user at domainB.com = user at domainC.com

All this is funneled through the MS box to my Exchange machine.

Having said all that, email appears to be flowing normally even though I
commented the swatgear.com REJECT line. I guess there's something to be
said about my documentation practices but for now is there anything that
you can think of that might have been messed up by me commenting that
line in /etc/mail/access?

I know it might be too difficult to tell. But any thoughts might be
useful.

Thanks for your help!
Chris.