OT: Modified access and relay-domains file, still get 550 5.7.1

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu May 24 23:14:47 IST 2007

Chris W. Parker wrote on Thu, 24 May 2007 12:11:03 -0700:

> The way I got the phones to send successfully was by adding the
> carrier's sending mail server to /etc/mail/relay-domains.

most mobiles that can send email support SMTP AUTH, better use that.

> I did some research (and asked a question in another forum) and thought
> that maybe I needed to add the IP address of the sending server to
> /etc/mail/access and then 'make'. Still no good.

You either add it to relay-domains *or* to access.db. With access.db you
have to recompile access, with relay-domains you don't. And the syntax is
slightly different. I personally prefer to use relay-domains. It's
somewhat "cleaner". I reserve access.db for reject/acceptance of mail.
As you have proven to yourself that relay-domains *works* (with your
mobile phone users) it's obvious that you did something wrong when adding
this new entry. And I think it's this:

> swatgear.com REJECT
> ruleset=check_mail, arg1=<swiftmail at swatgear.com>,

Kai