yum based install

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Thu May 24 22:04:24 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:
> In which case you have a problem. CentOS 4's main Perl RPM will provide
> a different list of modules from that in CentOS 5.

Unfortunately true.  And the list will be different with older/other
distros.

The elegant way of fixing this would be to have an accurate list of
provides for the core Perl RPM, but that's not going to happen.

I haven't tested it with a repo that has those modules available.  I
suspect yum won't like overwriting part of the core Perl RPM.

Regards,

	Richard.