yum based install

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Thu May 24 21:52:08 IST 2007

Julian Field wrote:
> Try the attached RPM. I have attached the spec file too for you.
> Am I going to have to update this for every single beta version? Or just
> every stable version?

I installed yum on the VPS I had tried the RPM on, and followed the
instructions at http://wiki.centos.org/Repositories/RPMForge for
installing RPMForge as a yum repo.  Then using Scott Silva's suggestion:
	yum localinstall --enablerepo=rpmforge \
mailscanner-requires-4.60.3-1.noarch.rpm

I get

> Error: Missing Dependency: perl-MIME-Base64 is needed by package mailscanner-requires
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl-File-Temp is needed by package mailscanner-requires
> Error: Missing Dependency: perl-Time-HiRes is needed by package mailscanner-requires

MIME::Base64, File::Temp and Time::HiRes are provided by the core Perl
installation, but not listed in the Provides list for that RPM.

Not sure how to fix that so the RPM installs cleanly.

And, as noted before, the RPM posted to the list doesn't require the
actual MailScanner RPM, so yum doesn't figure out the RPM is not on any
of the repos.

Regards,

	Richard.