Enabling bounces

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Thu May 24 12:31:18 IST 2007

I want to enable bouncing spam to one particular sender server, but
apparently the bounce doesn't occur.
I changed the "Enable Spam Bounce" rule to point to the ruleset file and
added one rule. But the bounce doesn't happen. Do I also need to add
"bounce" as a spam action? I'm vary to do this since I don't want to
accidentally enable bouncing to everyone.
If so, I don't understand the reasoning behind this. It looks like an
unnecessary duplication to me. If the only reason is to enable rulesets
for this action it should better be named "spam bouncing rules" or some
such.

I have another question on bouncing. Where does MailScanner bounce back
to? I assume the envelope-from? What does it do in case of <> senders?
Does it then use the header-from or does it fail?

Thanks.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany