way OT: add header (mailscanner) to be parsed by Outlook plugin for reporting false-negatives?

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Mon May 21 08:23:02 IST 2007

On Saturday, May 19, 2007 12:44 PM -- wrote:

> Why not just have a shared IMAP folder and let the users drop SPAM
> into that ? Saves writing a plugin.

This is something we setup for our clients. Nevertheless to make this work efficiently you have to use a public folder and tell Outlook to display these folders in the personal favorites (which Outlook tends to forget from time to time). Therefore this is not a perfect solution.

We are now using SMTPTracker to convert SpamAssassin SpamScore to Exchange SCL and have spam thrown into "Junk E-Mails" automatically. I would love to have a plugin that does the following:

Spam-Button
- Move marked messages to public folder "SPAM" (should be configurable of course)

Ham-Button
- Copy marked messages to public folder "NOSPAM"
- If message is in Junk E-Mail Folder, move it to the Inbox

On the MailScanner server we already read the mails from SPAM/NOSPAM folders, try to get the original mails from a 5-day archive and feed it to SA bayes and reporting. If we cannot get the original (e.g. the user marks a 10-day old message as spam) we at least feed what we get from Exchange to Bayes.

Unfortunatly I do not currently have the skill to program this probably rather simple plugin myself at this moment. Any volunteers? :-)

Kind regards,
  JP