"MailScanner: Could not analyze message"

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Thu May 17 16:35:05 IST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info
[mailto:mailscanner-bounces at lists.mailscanner.info] On Behalf Of
Martin.Hepworth
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:27 PM
To: MailScanner discussion
Subject: RE: "MailScanner: Could not analyze message"

Nigel

pastebin.ca

is a good place for temporary files to live,...

Thanks Martin,

The archived message file displays fine with postcat and the 'message' in
quarantine looks OK, so I guess I need to look at the file 'in the raw'
(which I am not sure will post at pastebin?). I have decided to take the
bull by the horns and learn about message formatting by comparing the
offending message to a 'normal one' - either that or find a parser that will
check out the archived copy.

Any recommendations on mail format specs or a message parser other than
postcat?

Incidentally, thanks for pointing out pastebin - looks a handy place to
know.

Nigel