Bayes disk space usage fast increase

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at ci.juneau.ak.us
Wed May 16 16:32:36 IST 2007

Fabien GARZIANO wrote:
> Sorry for my late answer Gareth, and thanks for yours.
>
> Here is a ll... Hope it's still readable :
> [root at califw3 spamassassin]# ll -S |more
> total 811828
> -rw-------  1 postfix postfix 10104832 May 16 17:10 bayes_toks
> -rw-------  1 postfix postfix  5206016 May  2 13:47 bayes_seen
> -rw-------  1 postfix postfix  5079040 May 15 04:52
> bayes_toks.expire32062
> -rw-------  1 postfix postfix  5033984 May 15 06:54
> bayes_toks.expire2565

You can get rid of the bayes_toks.expire* files.  This problem is well
covered in the archives - it used to bite people regularly.  The bayes
database is taking too long to be rebuilt - you can bump up the
frequency that it happens, or even turn it off in MailScanner and do it
via a cron job.  Check the comments in MailScanner.conf for bayes auto
expire and maybe the archives too.

HTH...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500