Bayes disk space usage fast increase

Gareth list-mailscanner at linguaphone.com
Wed May 16 16:25:01 IST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 16:11, Fabien GARZIANO wrote:
> Sorry for my late answer Gareth, and thanks for yours.
>
> Here is a ll... Hope it's still readable :
> [root at califw3 spamassassin]# ll -S |more
> total 811828
> -rw-------  1 postfix postfix 10104832 May 16 17:10 bayes_toks
> -rw-------  1 postfix postfix  5206016 May  2 13:47 bayes_seen
> -rw-------  1 postfix postfix  5079040 May 15 04:52 bayes_toks.expire32062

These bayes_toks.expire... files should not be there. It looks like
spamassassin is trying to expire old tokens but failing part way through
and leaving a file behind.

Have you followed the mailscanner recomendation and setting spamassassin
never to expire and letting mailscanner handle it. Maybe spamassassin is
taking too long to expire and mailscanner is giving up waiting.