Connection Deffered

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at woodmclaw.com
Wed May 16 13:55:09 IST 2007

I am hoping someone is willing to help me with this.  I thought that I
had the problem fixed but maybe not.  I believe that current incoming
email is coming through MailScanner and to the Exchange server.  The
problem is that ther are about 650 emails that will not go through.  I
get this:

Command:
sendmail -v -bp -OQueueDirectory=//var/spool/mqueue

Result (about 650 of these):
l4FL9c8I028182   998389    6606332+May 15 17:09 <mraines at locke.com>
                 (Deferred: Connection refused by [10.1.1.22])

<RINSELBERG at woodmclaw.com>

I have sendmail, Cent OS 4.4.

I have not changed anything before this started happening.  I restarted
the Exchange server and that is allowing the new emails to come through
( I think, I will see for sure if this reaches the list during the
problem phase).

Please advise :)
Thank you