Preferred Distribution

Damon Lambooy damon at txmail.marinocrane.com
Thu May 10 19:24:36 IST 2007

Daniel Maher wrote:
> [...]
I am tring to install Mailscanner  4.59.4-2 on Fedora 7 test 4 but
getting strange error about rpms not being installed.

[root at mailex MailScanner-4.59.4-2]# ./install.sh

Good. You have the patch command.

Good, you have /usr/src/redhat in place.

Good, unpackaged files will not break the build process.
Good, far-too-clever Perl requirements will be ignored.

Good, you appear to only have 1 copy of Perl installed.

I think you are running on RedHat Linux, Mandriva Linux or SuSE Linux.
You must have the following RPM packages installed before
you try and do anything else:
       binutils glibc-devel egcs make
You are missing at least 1 of these.
Please install them all
(Read the manuals if you do not know how to do this).
Then come back and run this install.sh script again.

Can anyone point me in the right direction I have installed all but egcs
which i can't find in a current rpm disto.
has anyone else experienced any similar problems? or should I just wait
until full version comes around?

TIA
Damon