feature request: compress attachments

Koopmann, Jan-Peter jan-peter at koopmann.eu
Thu May 10 11:12:23 IST 2007

Hi,

I just came across another product that offers automatic attachment compression on mails passing the proxy/gateway. Since many people tend to send their Powerpoint/Word/Excel files uncompressed due to lazyness this might actually be a good contribution. There are several solutions for this available at least for Exchange servers but it should be possible to implement this within MailScanner. So e.g. with a ruleset I could force all incoming mails with not compressed attachments to be zipped and save quite some storage in the Exchange databases.

Kind regards,
  JP