No VirusScan on Local Messages...

ajos1 at onion.demon.co.uk ajos1 at onion.demon.co.uk
Tue May 8 21:53:46 IST 2007

-

I have been trying to find the answer myself... but I know as soon as I send this... it will appear on the next page I look at (well I hope)!

Basically we have had a problem with MySql failing and we have MailWatch... so we are getting zillons of messages being generated... because MailWatch cannot write to MySql... now that is not really the problem (though it would be good not to have these warning messages).

The problem is that these locally produced warning messages are slowing down the machine to a grinding halt when they are VirusChecked... ClamAv being the main SLOW SLOW culprit.

I am trying to find out how to set up the system to NOT VIRUSCAN the locally produced warning messages... and to deliver them straight to the root/localhost account.

Thanks in Advance-o... Ajos1

==
=
= "The council has asked residents with Christmas trees that are
=  unsuitable for use as maypoles to chop them up and put them in
=  recycling bins to be collected after the holiday."
=
=  Need help dealing with Parking Tickets, Bailiffs, Capita or NTL...
=  Call...    +44 8457 90 90 90    http://www.samaritans.org/
=