Multi (split) image spam

Andrew MacLachlan amaclach at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 7 22:09:03 IST 2007

Thanks Ed - That was my take as well.
To be fair, I can see both sides of the argument, however I consider greylisting to still be an essential tool in the fight against spam. As always there are many different implementations and each has it's pros and cons.
I have yet to see the perfect greylist implementation, but there has been some good work done by someone in Japan who modified postgrey so that it would only greylist dynamic addresses (determined by regex). Although this is nowhere near perfect it is certainly a step in the right direction (and should keep Res happy as well as his mailservers would be unlikely to be hit.) by adding some intelligence to the default postgrey implementation - which is a fairly blunt  -yet effective instrument.

No reply earlier to this to avoid a flame war which is never a good look!

-Andy