Updates Script to fetch Steve Basford's Phihing Sigs for ClamAV

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon May 7 19:54:08 IST 2007

Randal, Phil a écrit :
> Folks,
>
> Steve Basford has a ClamAV phishing database over at
>
>    http://www.sanesecurity.com/clamav/
>
> and has recently updated his site to provide a gzipped version of the
> file.
>
> The attached script is a modified version of the one I posted to this
> list back in March.  This version uses curl to fetch newer versions of
> the gzipped database.

Phil,

Your script stopped working during lunchtime and when I got back there
was a huge backlog on my servers.

I found the following error message in my logs:
  ClamAV Module ERROR:: Could not load databases from
/usr/local/share/clamav

Turns out there was an empty definition file in Clam's directory:
# cd /usr/local/share/clamav/
# ls -l
total 16
drwxr-xr-x 2 clamav clamav 4096 May  7 14:09 daily.inc/
drwxr-xr-x 2 clamav clamav 4096 May  7 13:49 main.inc/
-rw------- 1 clamav clamav  208 May  7 14:09 mirrors.dat
-rw-r--r-- 1 clamav clamav    0 May  7 12:25 phish.ndb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   root    316 May  7 12:25 phish.ndb.gz

I changed your script to get the definitions from a mirror (the
recommended way nowadays).  Take a look at
http://sanesecurity.co.uk/clamav/downloads.htm

I decided to use :
phish_file=http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/clamav-sanesigs/$phish_gz

There are other download scripts on this page:
http://sanesecurity.co.uk/clamav/usage.htm

Denis

--
   _