Clamav suggestions

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon May 7 20:44:48 IST 2007

Rick Cooper wrote:

> [...]
Personally I would "dothis unless $blather;".
> A lot of the rewriting I did on the unrar stuff was done so the code flowed
> better with Julian's style, and since I could fall off the planet tomorrow I
> think it best to try and code things for his ease of reading not mine.
Personal history has shown that I am considerably more likely to fall
off the planet tomorrow than you are. My friends and I have this theory
that I'm actually a cat, and therefore have 9 lives. I've used up 6 so
far...
:-)
>  I try
> and get close and he can change anything he likes from there, it's his
> program after all.
>
> I think I will be pretty close this time around because I am cheating. I
> decided I would take the core out of the clamavmodule core and wrap the
> socket programming around that so it's about the same except sending the
> "$dirname/$childname/$filename" to the clamavmodule instance it's sent to
> the clam socket, 45/50 lines of code are Julian's own so that should be
> pretty close to his style ;-) Besides that will allow reusing the
> clamavmodule parser code to keep the bloat down, if Julian approves, that
> is.

Reusing the clamavmodule parser code sounds like a very good idea.

Best regards,

Jules

- --
Julian Field MEng CITP