Clamav suggestions

Rick Cooper rcooper at dwford.com
Mon May 7 19:24:08 IST 2007

[..]

> Hey Rick, I'm pretty certain Jules isn't needling you about style....
> Rather me and my "p record patches":-):-). Oh well, there is a reason
> I don't write "Programmer" on my cards anymore:-)
>
> Cheers
> --
> -- Glenn
> email: glenn < dot > steen < at > gmail < dot > com
> work: glenn < dot > steen < at > ap1 < dot > se
> --

Yeah, actually he is (good naturedly of course). Perl isn't my first choice
for languages and most don't have the short circuiting that perl does so I
have a tendency to write

	if (! $blather){
		dothis;
	}

Instead of
	unless $blather do this;

A lot of the rewriting I did on the unrar stuff was done so the code flowed
better with Julian's style, and since I could fall off the planet tomorrow I
think it best to try and code things for his ease of reading not mine. I try
and get close and he can change anything he likes from there, it's his
program after all.

I think I will be pretty close this time around because I am cheating. I
decided I would take the core out of the clamavmodule core and wrap the
socket programming around that so it's about the same except sending the
"$dirname/$childname/$filename" to the clamavmodule instance it's sent to
the clam socket, 45/50 lines of code are Julian's own so that should be
pretty close to his style ;-) Besides that will allow reusing the
clamavmodule parser code to keep the bloat down, if Julian approves, that
is.

Rick

believed to be clean.