New SA and Clam and MS 4.59.4-2

Mike Kercher mkercher at nfsmith.com
Mon May 7 16:34:32 IST 2007

Thom Paine <> wrote on Monday, May 07, 2007 10:34 AM:

: I am trying to update a server to all the latest patches, and I'm
: having trouble getting some stuff working.
:
: I have debug enabled in my mailscanner.conf file and when I try the
: clamavmodule I get libclamav warning, virus definitions are older
: than 7 days.
: I just successfully ran freshclam and I have defined my
: freshclam.conf and my clamd.conf to both point to /var/lib/clamav.
: The definitions downloaded no problem and are in that directory now.
:
: I tried testing the wrapper script for it but it is giving me an
: error as well.
:
: [root at mail MailScanner]# /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper /tmp
: /usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper: line 162: /usr/bin/clamscan: No
: such file or directory
:
: however my clamscan is in /usr/local/bin. For some reason it's not
: looking there properly I guess.
:
: I haven't tested the SA stuff yet, as I seem to be held up with my
: clamav issues.
:
: Thanks.
: --
: -=/>Thom

Do you have /usr/local/lib in /etc/ld.so.conf ?

If not, add it and run ldconfig and try again.

-Mike