Multi (split) image spam

Andrew MacLachlan amaclach at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 6 23:49:11 IST 2007

Not useless - just less effective - and no-one said it was the perfect solution - but it does effectively cut the number of spams a bot can send in half, which is always a good thing.
Most spam is stopped dead in its tracks by greylisting and is a very effective (also efficient) method of cutting down on the amount of spam that MS has to process.

> and all it does it build up your own outgoing queues
Not sure how the logic on that one works...

> you might as well firewall off your primary MX
> making mail fail and force resend via secondary MX's.
A bit extreme - and anyway spammers have been sending directly to secondaries for years as a lot of organisations don't have spam defences on them so the messages just sail on thru...

As the old saying goes - defence in depth...

-Andy