SpamAssassin 3.2.0

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Thu May 3 10:47:22 IST 2007

Thanks for that, Jules.

Basically, what I did was install spamassassin 3.2.0 using your
installer and then used CPAN to install Mail::DKIM and Mail::SPF (and a
host of dependencies).

One thing I found was problems with DNS resolution after installing
Mail::SPF from CPAN (all URIBLs failed).

I think it's to do with Net::DNS and Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable,
and is probably an issue (reported on the spamassassin-users mailing
list) to do with Mail::SPF-2.004 and
Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable-2.002.  Mail::SPF-2.005 is due
imminently to fix this.

In the end to get it to work I had to uninstall any old perl-Net-DNS
RPMs and any dependencies, and then force install both
Net::DNS::Resolver::Programmable and Net::DNS.

It wasn't easy and I'm still not entirely sure of the magical
incantations which made it work.

All this on CentOS 4.4 and an ancient Fedora Core 1 box.

sa-compile works fine after downloading re2c-0.12.0-1.src.rpm
sourceforge.net/projects/re2c and rpmbuilding it.

Any rules_du_jour scripts and /etc/cron.daily/sa-update will need
updating to do a sa-compile if you use it.

Cheers,

Phil

--
Phil Randal