A lot of spam getting through

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Tue May 1 14:46:18 IST 2007

Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:

> Ok, I had edited this file but it points to my local domain windows dns
> server.  Does that mean that I should change it to something else?

Definitely. Feel free to install a more respectable operating system on
it at any time. ;-)

In regards to your actual problem, you may want to install a caching
nameserver on your MailScanner box and point resolv.conf to 127.0.0.1
(and maybe something else, like your ISP's DNS servers as secondary,
just in case). Unless your setup *requires* it, you shouldn't have to
ask for DNS information from the *ugh* Windows machine ;-)