setting up Mailscanner rules

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 11:32:59 CEST 2007

On 31/03/07, James D. Parra <Jamesp at musicreports.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to create a rule that allows two specific internal e-mail addresses
> to only receive mail from two specific domains and from no other. How can I
> accomplish that?
>
> I was looking at some examples, but I couldn't see what was the best way to
> achieve this. I still want mail from the two domains to go to other internal
> mail accounts, however the two specific internal e-mail accounts should only
> receive mail from the two specified domains.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> ~James

Why wait until MailScanner to do this? The RFCs will force you to
bounce non-wanted messages .... not good.
Use your MTA to reject all unwanted and only accept those very few for
those addresses... That way you never assume responsibility for the
unwanted messages.
How to do this differs from MTA to MTA... Although it'll be somewhat
off-topic for this list, I'm sure there are some nice persons here
that will help you, if you don't know how to do that in your
particular MTA.

Cheers
--
-- Glenn