Error message starting/restarting MailScanner?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 19:54:43 CEST 2007

Right well I've found out what's been causing it and it's rather weird!

When I rebuilt this box I made a tarball of the /etc/MailScanner folder
and emailed it myself, blitzed the box, then used pscp (the scp client
from the chap who writes Putty) to copy the files back over.

It appears, goodness only knows how, that it's the way pscp copies the
files back to the box.

When I copied the tarball back to the box and untarred it it all worked
just fine.  It's as if there are some invisible spaces or line feeds or
something being put into the files when they were copied that way..
sorry I'm not too clear myself what's gone on but at least I know what's
causing it.

cheers,
Paul
--