Error message starting/restarting MailScanner?

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Thu Mar 29 17:29:47 CEST 2007

On 29 Mar 2007, at 14:30, Paul Hutchings wrote:

> I'm not sure entirely what you mean, but from a quick google
> /var/spoolpostfix/incoming is empty.

No, that's me try to be helpful and miss reading your original mail :-(

I misread that to be /var/spool/postfix/incoming not MailScanner/
incoming

> I'm running Postfix 2.3.3 on OpenSuse (the default rpm).
>
> MailScanner does seem to be working and processing mail (this is
> just a
> test box).
>
> ls -lh /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
>
> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:08 11431
> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:08 11475
> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:09 11513
> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:08 11547
> drwx------ 2 postfix postfix 4.0K Mar 29 14:24 11581
> -rw------- 1 postfix postfix 7.0K Mar 29 14:09 SpamAssassin.cache.db

Looks fine. Does this happen every time you (re)start MailScanner?
Does MailScanner make any other comment in the log file? Does it do
it if you restart in debug mode?

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ