Different Send/Receive Virus Notifications?

Paul Hutchings paul.hutchings at mira.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 19:11:12 CEST 2007

On an inbound/outbound smtp relay box, is it possible to configure
different virus notifications for outbound mail than for inbound mail?

I ask because if a virus is detected in an inbound mail, I want the
recipient to be notified (and the infected file discarded) and for the
sender NOT to be notified.

If by some chance something slips past the internal Antivirus and
MailScanner detects a virus, I would prefer than the message were
discared, and our sender notified but NOT the recipient.

I see you can use a Ruleset but AFAICT the only actions are yes/no the
notification method seems to be global?

cheers,
Paul
--