Mails not processed

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 11:34:15 CEST 2007

On 27/03/07, Daniel Fuhrer <daniel at danielf.ch> wrote:
> Hi all
> So I found some Errors they seems to be related to my problem, that mailscanner doesent process some mails.
>
> When I start mailscanner I get the following error for each child process:
>
> Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1050.
>
> Around that line 1050 is the code:
>
> 1047:   sub read_scoreonly_config {
> 1048:     my ($self, $filename) = @_;
> 1049:
> 1050:     if (!open(IN,"<$filename")) {
> 1051:       # the file may not exist; this should not be verbose
> 1052:       dbg("config: read_scoreonly_config: cannot open \"$filename\":  $!");
> 1053:       return;
> 1054:     }
I'm not sure about this one, haven't seen it myself... Fix the next
one and see if it persists...

> After starting I get the following errors:
>
> Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
> /usr/local/bin/clamscan: unrecognized option `--unarj'
> ERROR: Unknown option passed.
> ERROR: Can't parse the command line

This error is due to you uncommenting (in
/usr/lib/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper) one of the lines:
# Uncomment ONE of the following lines if you have unarj installed
#ExtraScanOptions="$ExtraScanOptions --unarj"
#ExtraScanOptions="$ExtraScanOptions --unarj=/path/to/unarj"
But teh thing is, with modern clamscan versions at least, that option
has been renamed (snippet from clamscan --help):
    --unrar[=FULLPATH]                   Enable support for .rar files
    --arj[=FULLPATH]                     Enable support for .arj files
    --unzoo[=FULLPATH]                   Enable support for .zoo files
So you should change it accordingly.

> And I think when he tries to process some mail, that he can't I get the following message:
>
> format error: can't find EOCD signature
>  at /usr/local/sbin/mailscanner line 832
The "Cannot find EOCD" errors should be possible to safely ignore...
As the comments tell you, when starting the debug;-).

Cheers
--
-- Glenn