AW: Mails not processed

Daniel Fuhrer daniel at danielf.ch
Tue Mar 27 09:18:26 CEST 2007

Hi all
So I found some Errors they seems to be related to my problem, that mailscanner doesent process some mails.

When I start mailscanner I get the following error for each child process:

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1050.

Around that line 1050 is the code:

1047:	sub read_scoreonly_config {
1048:	  my ($self, $filename) = @_;
1049:
1050:	  if (!open(IN,"<$filename")) {
1051:	    # the file may not exist; this should not be verbose
1052:	    dbg("config: read_scoreonly_config: cannot open \"$filename\":  $!");
1053:	    return;
1054:	  }

After starting I get the following errors:

Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
/usr/local/bin/clamscan: unrecognized option `--unarj'
ERROR: Unknown option passed.
ERROR: Can't parse the command line

And I think when he tries to process some mail, that he can't I get the following message:

format error: can't find EOCD signature
 at /usr/local/sbin/mailscanner line 832

Around that line 832 is the code:

829:	    # Extract all the attachments
829:	    $batch->StartTiming('virus', 'Virus Scanning');
830:	    # Moved upwards: $global::MS->{work}->BuildInDirs($batch);
831:	    $0 = 'MailScanner: extracting attachments';
832:	    $batch->Explode();
833:
834:	    # Report all the unparsable messages, but don't delete anything
835:	    $batch->ReportBadMessages();

I hope someone can help me with these problems.

Best Regards
Daniel

Sorry fort his post. I found the option.
I get the following output.

Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at  /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Mail/SpamAssassin.pm line 1052.

Line 1052 is:
dbg("config: read_scoreonly_config: cannot open \"$filename\": $!");

Ignore errors about failing to find EOCD signature
/usr/local/bin/clamscan: unrecognized option `--unarj'

ERROR: Unknown option passed.

ERROR: Can't parse the command line

But that seams to be another "problem".

Mailscanner processes these Mails anyway. What can that be?

Cheers Daniel