inbound queue piling up... suddenly

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USherbrooke.ca
Mon Mar 26 20:34:21 CEST 2007

Bryan Guest a écrit :
> I have two Sun V20Z machines running RHEL ES4.  They each have 2GB of
> RAM. I am running MailScanner 4.56.8 and Mailwatch.

> Then I hit the maximum number of MailScanner processes (65 currently).

Bryan,

You have so many processes...  My boxes only manage to get "Max
Children" x 2 + 1 MailScanner processes at a given time.  Could your SQL
be hitting a "too many open files" limit?

If your processes count like mine, your "Max Children" is way too high
for the RAM you have!

Denis

--
   _