Cogent blacklisting ?

Chris Richardson crichardson at cantella.com
Mon Mar 26 01:10:57 CEST 2007

In all my years on cogent i have never run into this problem that is why
i asked to get both rejects today just caught me off gaurd o well no
harm no foul thanks for your time and help

Res wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Sadly it seems Cogentco still don't do anyting about their spamming users
> (they were in my local block lists for well over 2 years, I took them
> out just prior to last christmas as the influx to here seemed to have
> died off) I guess they are still targeting others though.
>
> That IP is not in any common RBL's that I'm aware of as of 2 minutes
> ago but as O'rielly says " by local blocking list " chances are it'll
> be there for a long time, time to change ISP's since they wont clean
> their act up, and whatever you do, don't go to comcast because they
> are worse.
>

> On Sun, 25 Mar 2007, Chris Richardson wrote:
>
>>   SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxx at queldor.net>:
>>   host queldor.net [66.103.13.8]: 550 IP is blacklisted:
>>   Performance Systems International 38.113.5.187
>>

>>   SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<xxx at oreilly.com>:
>>   host smtp2.oreilly.com [209.58.173.22]: 550-Host 38.113.5.187 is
>> blocked:
>>   550 Mail refused from egregious spam haven
>>   550 (CogentCo) by local blocking list

other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information
by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this
material from any computer.

In accordance with industry regulations, all messages are retained and are subject to monitoring.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content and is believed to be clean.

Securities offered through Cantella & Co., Inc., Member NASD/SIPC.
Home Office: 2 Oliver Street, 11th Floor, Boston, MA 02109
Telephone: (617)521-8630