Alternative to /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

John Schmerold john at katy.com
Sat Mar 24 19:31:17 CET 2007

I learned about /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf a few weeks ago, now I
find myself adding quite a few rules like this:

score    LOCAL__H_from_newegg  -2.5
header   LOCAL__H_from_newegg     From =~ /newegg\.com/i
describe LOCAL__H_from_newegg     newegg announcements

I don't want to open the door to every idiot that forges NewEgg's email,
so I don't want to whitelist newegg.

The problem is I'm starting to get a lot of these rules and maintaining
the list is getting more problematic, not to mention subject to human
error.

Anyone know of a better way to tell MailScanner &/or SpamAssassin to
reduce the score by a few points when the sending is included in a list
of domains?

TIA

--
John Schmerold