OT: IP address reputation, BorderWare

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Fri Mar 23 00:54:47 CET 2007

Res wrote:
> The key here, you spoke to a salesman.
Heh. It could have been worse...I might have talked to a marketing guy. ;-)
> Many ISP's are doing this and it upsets their stats so of course they
> dont want you to use it. Word gets around that it does this, more
> people will shy away from their product, they dont care at all about
> you protecting your users...unless you buy and use their product.
>
> Keep using the milter.
Apparently, Matt is working on a modification to SMF-SAV that will
change the order of the checks so that the sender is only verified IF
they're sending to a real recipient on our end. As soon as that comes
out, we'll implement that.

Cheers,
Chris

PS - I really like how "to the point" you are. :-)