IP address reputation, BorderWare

Chris Yuzik itdept at fractalweb.com
Thu Mar 22 23:29:51 CET 2007

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> There was a discussion on the postfix forum a few days ago that concurred
> with your thesis. I personally never employ it myself. A waste of time
> and bandwidth in my humble opinion.

Since we use Sendmail exclusively, I'm afraid I don't follow the Postfix
forums.

I'm not sure about the bandwidth, shouldn't be much more than a few
bytes...perhaps equivalent to a DNS query or two. As for the time delay,
we're not noticing any delay. According to our logs, most of this
happens within the very second the mail gets to our server; a fraction
of a second (or even a couple of seconds) delay is certainly worth it, IMHO.

We're experiencing great success with this additional tool against the
spammers.

Chris