SPF and authenticated mail

Dennis Willson taz at taz-mania.com
Mon Mar 19 22:14:31 CET 2007

The way I solve this is to use a seperate mail hub for incoming mail
(where the MX points) and the users authenticate against a different
server which does not do SPF because ONLY authenticated users are
allowed to talk to it.

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 10:12:10 +0100
  Alvaro Marín <alvaro at hostalia.com> wrote:
>Hello again,
>
>> Your server IP is the trusted_network.
>
>Yes, my server's IP is defined in trusted_networks.
>
>> That way, anything that is received by your server from a dynamic IP
>>is not
>> tested for SPF, at least not if the client used authentication.
>
>AFAIK, SA can't difference beteween SMTP authenticated user and not
>one.
>Postfix, receives the message and is saved on the "Hold" queue; then
>MailScanner gets it and analises the message with SA (that sees that
>the
>  client's IP is not in the TXT record of the domain, so it adds
>SPF_FAIL
>score). Am I right?
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Alvaro Marín Illera
>Hostalia Internet
>www.hostalia.com
>
>--
>
>Before posting, read http://wiki.mailscanner.info/posting

Dennis Willson

taz at taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class): KA6LSW
GMRS : WQGF680
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt,
Equip, UW Photographer, Gas Blender

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"