SPF and authenticated mail

Alvaro Marín alvaro at hostalia.com
Mon Mar 19 10:12:10 CET 2007

Hello again,

> Your server IP is the trusted_network.

Yes, my server's IP is defined in trusted_networks.

> That way, anything that is received by your server from a dynamic IP is not
> tested for SPF, at least not if the client used authentication.

AFAIK, SA can't difference beteween SMTP authenticated user and not one.
Postfix, receives the message and is saved on the "Hold" queue; then
MailScanner gets it and analises the message with SA (that sees that the
 client's IP is not in the TXT record of the domain, so it adds SPF_FAIL
score). Am I right?

Regards,

--
Alvaro Marín Illera