OT: F-Prot

Drew Marshall drew at technologytiger.net
Mon Mar 19 09:21:29 CET 2007

On 19 Mar 2007, at 06:52, Res wrote:

> OK so I thought since everyone else around here posts OT, so will I...
>
> Anyone else seeing problems with f-prot updates for at least the
> past 12 hours?

Yes. On my home box, updates.f-prot.com is not reachable or so the
logs claim. Last attempt was at about 6.20am GMT.

Just on another question, which licence do you buy from them? I have
been running f-prot at home for ages on their FOC workstation licence
(For home use) and I am now looking to roll it out for my main mxs.
So I then go to the f-prot site to look for licensing, and none
really fit. The machines are gateways so no mailboxes as required for
the mail server version (So how many mailboxes would you buy for?
This option could become expensive pretty quickly if you weren't
careful) and the file server version says it's not for mail servers
(But then MailScanner doesn't want the mail server version and
doesn't really fall into the classic mail server category).

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned
for viruses and dangerous content by the Technology Tiger MailScanner.

Technology Tiger Limited is registered in Scotland with registration number: 310997
Registered Office 55-57 West High Street Inverurie AB51 3QQ