SPF and authenticated mail

Alvaro Marin alvaro at hostalia.com
Sun Mar 18 17:21:14 CET 2007

Hello list!

I'm having problems with SPF module of SpamAssassin that I use with
MailScanner.

I've a TXT record in a domain to set which IPs are allowed to send
email from that domain; the problem is that in the mail server for that
domain with MailScanner, if one SMTP authenticated user sends an email
to other user (external o internal), SA sees that the client's IP
address isn't declared on the TXT record so the SPF_FAIL test's score
is added.

I can't add every client's IPs to the TXT record (dynamic IPs...), so
I've whitelisted the domain (From: *@domain yes) in spam.whitelist.rules
file, but I think that it isn't a good solution...
Any idea?

Thanks!

--
Alvaro Marín Illera