How to convert a queue file to eml ou mbox?

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 11:37:10 CET 2007

On 16/03/07, Webmaster Boucinhas & Campos <webmaster at boucinhas.com.br> wrote:

> Thanks for you information but I would like run a cron job like this
>
> ###############
> cd /var/spool/MailScanner/archive/
>
> for i in `ls -1`
>  do
>    convert_raw_to_eml ${i} > ${i}.eml
>    convert_raw_to_mbox ${i} > ${i}.eml
>    convert_raw_to_html ${i} > ${i}.eml
> done
> ###########
>
> In the directory exist one directory per day and one file per message
>
> 20070315/D34085010F.A7559
>
> is easy to identify the message, the filename is the mail ID, in a single
> mbox file is very hard to identify the mail

Yes I know this. Why you'd want to do it like that .... Oh well.
There is no generic tool for doing the conversion, you need do that yourself.
It would need be tailored to your MTA, since the queue files you are
seeing is simply the raw queue files.
If this is Postfix, you would create your "convert_from_raw" script
around postcat...

Cheers
--
-- Glenn