Additional recipients within same lose mail when quarantined/released...

Matt Hampton matt at coders.co.uk
Fri Mar 16 16:06:00 CET 2007

am.lists wrote:
> Do we think this is a bit of functionality that might be solved in the
> elusive MailWatch 2.0 or is this issue rooted more deeply, e.g. at the
> MS or PF layer?

The problem is really pre MailWatch as has been discussed in previously.

> It seems to me that MailWatch could log the message as
> separate rows in the DB per "known user", referencing the same
> quarantine file.

I orginally did something similar - I split the recipients out into a
separate table and then iterated through them.

HOWEVER - the actual status of a message was still determined by the
first recipient in the envelope.

The minor hit I took by splitting recipients (I use Sendmail) was almost
completely mitigated by the SpamAssassin Cache.

This also allows a unique message ID for each individial message recipient.

> Just a thought. To bastardize this in to the current
> system, I'd think about adding a separate routine that iterates
> through the actual listed recipients, and adding the intended
> recipient to a "deliver_this_copy_to" field (which would have to be
> added).

Yep that would work but not as neat or traceable as the split envelope
method.

just my thoughts...

matt