OT: PHB time...

Ken A ka at pacific.net
Thu Mar 15 19:40:08 CET 2007

Kevin Miller wrote:
> Curtis, Roger wrote:
>> Can anybody point me to the setting for OoO in Outlook 2003 that will
>> keep from sending the message to a mailing list?  I can't seem to find
>> anything on it and cannot find the setting/combination of settings
>> myself.  I was out for two weeks for the birth of a baby and just
>> didn't set the OoO for fear of being tarred-and-feathered!
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Roger
>
> It's a setting on the Exchange side.  It disables all OoO messages to
> external addresses.  Don't remember off the top of my head where it is,
> but if you have access to your Exchange server I'll dig it up for you
> when I get a chance...

That's pretty lame. Why doesn't Exchange have a setting to look for
common list headers; Precedence, List- X-Mailman, etc... At least
Exchange could 'try' to avoid trouble without blocking all responses to
external addresses. :-(

My guess is that most people who use OoO would want the response to go
to external addresses, so they don't even use this knob. :-(

Ken A.
Pacific.Net