Mailscanner + spamassassin +Razor + Pyzor + DCC

Nicolas Canepa ncanepa at fcen.uba.ar
Wed Mar 14 18:25:28 CET 2007

Hi, I am using Mailscanner with spamassassin. For what i've read you can
define in Mailscanner.conf to use pyzor, razor and dcc, or tell
spamassassin to use razor, pyzor and dcc in the local.cf file. What's
the best choice? What happens if I tell both to use it? How can I know
that razor pyzor and dcc are working?

This is my spam.assassin.prefs.conf:
# =============== RBSL related items ===============

# By default, SpamAssassin will run RBL checks.  If your ISP already
# does this, stop RBL checks in SpamAssassin by un-commenting  the
# following line
# skip_rbl_checks       1

# paths to utilities
pyzor_path /usr/bin/pyzor
dcc_path /usr/bin/dccproc

# Uncomment the lines below to stop using the specific service
# To stop Razor2 checks, uncomment the following line
# use_razor2            0
# To stop DCC checks, uncomment the following line
#  use_dcc              0
# To stop Pyzor checks, uncomment the following line
#  use_pyzor    0

And this is my local.cf file:

use_dcc 1
use_pyzor 1