Message Blocked

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 17:42:45 CET 2007

On 3/14/07, Fabio Silva <fssilva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, i had a mail that was blocked on mailscanner, the message has
> no executable file, just a attach with the name msg-29120-102.txt but
> the message is marked with "Bad Content" and when i open the message
> in mailwatch i have this line above in the report option
>
> "Report:        MailScanner: No programs allowed (msg-29120-102.txt)"
>
> In my filename.rules.conf has no deny to .txt just one allow.
>
> Why?? Why this message is blocked?

If you can ftp / scp the file over to the server and run the "file"
command on it, what kind of file does the OS think it is?

e.g.

[root at mymailgw]# file /var/www/html/index.html
/var/www/html/index.html: HTML document text

but cp index.html to index.txt...

[root at mymailgw]# file index.txt
index.txt: HTML document text

And you can see that the file extension is not relevant... the file
command still knows how to sniff the file type.

Seeing the output of the file command would tell the story.

Angelo