OT: PHB time...

am.lists am.lists at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:52:44 CET 2007

On 3/13/07, Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Kevin Miller wrote:
>
> > OK, so my boss who is normally an otherwise reasonable guy, calls me
> > into his office and says one of the department heads wants out of office
> > turned on for internet mail.  He knows that people are tarred and
> > feathered for doing that on mail lists, but thinks that the mail lists
> > should be filtering those - that with a short case statement they could
> > easily do that.  I tried to persuade him otherwise, but he's going to
> > poll the other directors and see if it's something they want.  Of course
> > they will, not understanding a broader perspective.  Sigh.
>
> I think it is decisions like this that got me buy the nukes in the first
> places. Everytime one of those blasted things hit my MTA I educate it to
> nuke it and blacklist the sender.
>
> Hugo.

Interesting approach.  So, let the guy that wants to do this know that
this behavior can get the entire organization banned from having their
mail accepted.

Something along the lines of

"We really shouldn't even think of enabling this. Aside from the
obvious security concerns, other mail admins who we exchange email
with could take aggressive action and block our mail completely for
doing this."