What MTA ...

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Mar 12 21:20:09 CET 2007

Mikael Syska spake the following on 3/12/2007 12:40 PM:
> Hi,
>
> First off ... I dont want to start a flamewar of any kind here .....
> please.
>
> I have used Postfix for about a year and its fairly easy to use, used it
> with VDA ... and multiple domains ... so I wanted to try a new MTA.
>
> One of the 3 others ...
>
> So my question is ... what works best with MS? since Postfix got some
> issues with MS ( not that it have any effect, after what I have read ) I
> still wants to try a new ... maybe I will like Postfix best after I have
> tried the other, you'll never know....
>
> // ouT

Mailscanner was originally designed on sendmail, but it seems that all are
fairly equal as to the support they get. All but qmail, which you will have to
go to openprotect to get a mailscanner that is patched to work with qmail.

I am thinking of playing with alternate MTA's also, but just so I have a
better background with design and support. Every MTA has its pluses and
minuses, you should pick a MTA on its own merits, as mailscanner works
basically the same on all of them.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and