SpamAssassin 3.1.8

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Mon Mar 12 20:30:50 CET 2007

Tony Stocker spake the following on 3/12/2007 10:43 AM:
> On 3/12/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>> You should always remove the rpm BEFORE installing with the clam-sa
>> package.
>> Otherwise, you will get the effect you saw. RPM will remove all files it
>> thinks it installed. There is a newer tarball floating around with
>> clam 0.90.1
>> if you want it.
>>
> Scott,
>
> I thought that was the case, so I reinstalled the install-Clam-SA
> tarball (after removing the RPM), but it did not appear to create
> these files anywhere.  That's why I was wondering if I needed to
> install another package in addition to it, in order to get those .cf
> files.
>
> Thanks for the help!
> Tony
The script seems to check if you are running the one included in the tarball.
It probably didn't install it again since it thought it was installed.
I have been installing from the tarball since 3.0.0, and have never had a problem.
If you need the spamassassin tarball it is already in the main clam-sa tarball
as that is where it is installed from.

Try installing in a clean environment with the clam-sa tarball if you aren't
sure you want to trust it. You can use a vmware image or some other
virtualization product to play with this.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and