SpamAssassin 3.1.8

Anthony Peacock a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 12 16:36:24 CET 2007

Hi,

Tony Stocker wrote:
> On 3/12/07, Anthony Peacock <a.peacock at chime.ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> Anthony,
>
> First thanks for the quick response and suggestions.  Something does
> seem to be up, interspersed output below.
>

>> To debug this I would first run spamassassin from the command line to
>> make sure there are no warnings, so...
>>

> Okay, I definitely got warnings.  I'm guessing that the allowed
> formats changed or something.  Output of --lint is below.  If anyone
> can help point me in the direction of 'correcting' my config file
> (which was working prior to this SA 3.1.8 upgrade) I'd really
> appreciate it.  Changing acceptable formats for config files between
> versions is a pretty unfriendly thing to do.
>

>> spamassassin --lint
>>

> # spamassassin --lint
> [21412] warn: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, "= 450000" is
> not valid for "bayes_expiry_max_db_size", skipping:
> bayes_expiry_max_db_size = 450000
> [21412] warn: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line,
> "/usr/bin/pyzor" is not valid for "pyzor_path", skipping: pyzor_path
> /usr/bin/pyzor
> [21412] warn: config: failed to parse line, skipping: dcc_path
> /usr/local/bin/dccproc
> [21412] warn: config: warning: score set for non-existent rule
> HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_*
> [21412] warn: lint: 4 issues detected, please rerun with debug enabled
> for more information

The syntax for bayes_expiry_max_db_size does not include a '='
character, it should be:

bayes_expiry_max_db_size 450000

The syntax has been like this for ages, it hasn't changed for the new
version.  What I do seem to recall however, is that the latest version
is a bit more noisy about syntax errors in the config files.

--
Anthony Peacock
"If you have an apple and I have  an apple and we  exchange apples