SpamAssassin 3.1.8

Tony Stocker akostocker at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 18:17:08 CET 2007

On 3/12/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
> You need to pick ONE method of installing this, and stick with it. If you are
> going to use the clam-sa package, use it every time and rpm -e spamassassin.
> If you are going to use the rpm's, you will need to manually go and find /
> delete the spamassassin installed by the clam-sa package.

Scott,

Okay, I removed the RH rpm of spamassassin, but this has the side
effect of removing all of the SA rules in /usr/share/spamassassin.
Since these rules are not recreated with the
install-Clam-0.88.7-SA-3.1.8 package, I'm assuming that I have to get
a spamassassin tarball in order to install them.  Correct?  Without
these rules in place, I go back to the problem of no scoring.  I
recovered the directory from backup, rather than reinstall the rpm,
and it alleviated it.

Basically the current situation is this:
* Installed install-Clam-0.88.7-SA-3.1.8
* Removed RH rpm of spamassassin
* Recovered /usr/share/spamassassin directory and contents

I just want to know for the future if I'll need to download and
install a spamassassin tar file as well as the MailScanner Clam-SA tar
file.

Thanks for all the help everybody.

Tony